
This phone has changed a lot of the way I do things.
I always wanted a touch phone but was not very impressed by the i phone, until the new 3G one came out, but even then it is way too expensive for me. So I heard about the 5800 by Nokia, wow, it is a feature packed smart phone with 8Gb memory card as standard, 3.2 Mb camera, the quality of which is very good outdoors, not as good indoors, and it also takes movies, secondary camera, web browser, calender, notes, ovi maps, great music player, FM radio and a few other things.
One of the best things are the free apps that are available to download : googlemail, googlemaps, youtube, bbc I player, bbc mobile, and most importantly OVI stores and OVi Share by Nokia.
Ovi store is a widget which takes you direct to the store where you can browse, select and download any app you like, either free or for sale.
Ovi share is a site where you can synch your phone, contacts, calender and notes at the moment but more promised in the future.
You get a free email address (yourname@ovi.com) send and recieve emails from phone or desktop, upload and share pictures from your phone to Ovi, unlimited storage unlike flickr's free account.
Two apps I find most usefull are: Mail for Exchange: synchs with google to push mail and calender details to your phone, and Sportstracker by Nokia: A data logger for outdoor pursuits. I use mine purely for cycling, allows you to track and upload your workouts and enables you to log your runs.
I find that the nokia 5800 really compliments my computing life in a most pleasant way, nothing beats browsing on the internet better than on a fast pc, but when you do not have access to your trusty pc then that is when the 5800 becomes a really usefull tool.
Like I said at the start, this little phone has changed the way I do things a lot, by the way.... have a look at the price compared to the I phone, you'll be very surprised.
I always wanted a touch phone but was not very impressed by the i phone, until the new 3G one came out, but even then it is way too expensive for me. So I heard about the 5800 by Nokia, wow, it is a feature packed smart phone with 8Gb memory card as standard, 3.2 Mb camera, the quality of which is very good outdoors, not as good indoors, and it also takes movies, secondary camera, web browser, calender, notes, ovi maps, great music player, FM radio and a few other things.
One of the best things are the free apps that are available to download : googlemail, googlemaps, youtube, bbc I player, bbc mobile, and most importantly OVI stores and OVi Share by Nokia.
Ovi store is a widget which takes you direct to the store where you can browse, select and download any app you like, either free or for sale.
Ovi share is a site where you can synch your phone, contacts, calender and notes at the moment but more promised in the future.
You get a free email address (yourname@ovi.com) send and recieve emails from phone or desktop, upload and share pictures from your phone to Ovi, unlimited storage unlike flickr's free account.
Two apps I find most usefull are: Mail for Exchange: synchs with google to push mail and calender details to your phone, and Sportstracker by Nokia: A data logger for outdoor pursuits. I use mine purely for cycling, allows you to track and upload your workouts and enables you to log your runs.
I find that the nokia 5800 really compliments my computing life in a most pleasant way, nothing beats browsing on the internet better than on a fast pc, but when you do not have access to your trusty pc then that is when the 5800 becomes a really usefull tool.
Like I said at the start, this little phone has changed the way I do things a lot, by the way.... have a look at the price compared to the I phone, you'll be very surprised.



1 comments:
Good Info.
Nokia 5800 Applications
Post a Comment