I have been using computers and the Internet for some years now, both at work and at home.
I consider myself to be fairly technically literate and enjoy the challenges that computing throws at you. I have dabbled in HTML and made a couple of very basic websites in the past, and then I started using sites like Moonfruit to design and post fairly decent websites. I have learned photo manipulation and uploading to sites such as Flickr, I have made some home movies and edited them using windows movie maker, then I upload them to youtube. I am currently using Wikispaces and running a few 'wiki's'. I have also tried social media sites such as Facebook, yes, I have a facebook profile. I never really got into Facebook, although I can see the attraction of it.
Now I came across this site, Blogger, and the ease of it really appealed to me, I like the way that I can decide who gets to see my words of wisdom and my pictures. I don't really mind who looks at this, if anyone ever will is not really a concern to me.
What to do with it?
I don't really want it to be just for one subject, as I have more than one interest, such as ,my family for one. I already have a website purely devoted to the latest pics and video's of my kids, which I love keeping up-to date, this is mainly for both sets of grans and grandads who live fairly far away from us and we only get to see them at holidays.
Possibilities were starting to come into my head about what to do with Blogger. Like I mentioned earlier, I do have a couple of other interests, one of these is cycling, I have became quite a keen cyclist in the last few years, I try to get out regularly and do 10 miles, although Orkney is not the most cycling friendly climate in the UK, there seems to be a pretty constant wind. I don't mind cycling in the rain, but I don't like both wind and rain, or even just wind. But when I do get out I am going to start posting pictures of my rides. I do try to vary my rides, depending on the wind direction (wind out) and there are a lot of really interesting places of interest here in Orkney.
So that could be one topic, another interest I have is playing guitar, mainly electric blues, which I have enjoyed for at least twenty years. I try to play every day if I can although it is not always possible in this house to make the time. I also play when I can at our local Blues Jam in Kirkwall, also we have a very good blues mini festival every year since I have been here, although the future is not to certain. So I plan to add some guitar blues into my blogging mix.
So I look forward to posting more in the near future and if anyone does come across these aimless ramblings...........



0 comments:
Post a Comment