Friday, 15 October 2021

2nd E-bike Ride. 36ml 4hr ride.

So, day 2 of having my E-bike. The day was to be sunny and dry, so I decided, as I was on holiday, to go for a longer than normal ride. I dug out my panniers and filled a small flask with coffee and packed a couple of choccy biscuits. Filled a water bottle and away I went.
I cycled to Dunkeld via the upper 5 lochs road and then through the town. It looked fairly busy with tourists.
Over Dunkeld bridge and left through Birnam. At the A9 southbound, I waited for a break in traffic and joined the A9 and immediately turned right onto the Bankfoot road. This was a beautiful road through wooded areas and open countryside with the A9 below on my left. I headed to Bankfoot and crossed under the A9 and headed for Murthy.this was where I was greatfull for my E-bike assistance as it was a fairly steep hill at this point.
Arriving at Murthy I turned right onto the Kinclaven road, and on to Meikleur and home via the back roads. 
I enjoyed two stops for a coffee and a biscuit. 
All in all, a fantastic route, one which I would definitely do again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment